Really need some help getting some background info!

elizagrace

Mar 26, 2015
Hi, my name is Elizabeth, I'm 19 and I am here to conduct some background research for my final project for my Art Diploma. I don't want to upset or embarrass anybody by asking anything too difficult or personal for them, which is partly why I have decided to conduct all of my research on these forums, instead of interviews in person.

My aim is to show how important our memories are and how we don't appreciate them enough until we begin to lose them. I have decided to study this particular topic as some my elder family have suffered from Alzheimers, so it is very personal to me.

I completely understand if this message is ignored, but it would mean a lot to me if you could answer some questions that I have put together for my project.

Everything will be kept completely anonymous.

Thankyou in advance :)

1.What does the word ‘Precious’ mean to you?

2.What is your most precious memory?

3.What is the earliest thing you can remember?

4.Do you use memorabilia to reminisce about the past?
If so, what?

5.What is your most treasured possession?

6.What is your most sentimental object?

7.Which memory makes you smile?

8.Which memory makes you sad:

9.Is there something you regret?

10.What would you re-live if you could?

Last edited:

carol4444

Feb 5, 2014
Hi

1. Precious is something very dear that is irreplaceable
2. First sighting of my son following his birth
3. Smelling flowers in my grandmother's garden
4. No, if it makes me cry I don't keep it
5. My husband (I know he's not really a possession)
6. Don't have one, maybe photos of my son
7. My husband's jokes and leg pulls
8. My mother's condition and her mistaken views of me (when she is really poorly) especially as we have always been so close.
9. Yes, wished I had spent more time with son but had to work full time when he was growing up
10. Holidays! Not taken due to work commitments, running own business and lack of funds

Hope this helps!

katie1

Aug 5, 2014
Kendal Cumbria
1. Precious is something that money can't buy, but that is personal only to me
2. Sitting on my Dads knee as he told me stories when I was about 3 or 4
3. I remember listening to and looking at the huge old radio, with its wooden panels and black and gold cloth on the front.
4. Not on purpose, but photos always take me back also if I am in our loft and I catch a glimpse of one of the now grown up children's discarded toys or baby clothes it brings back memories.
5. My crib, each one of my children had it when they were babies and me and my brothers also all were put in it when WE were babies!
6. Maybe the crib is also sentimental!
7. Thinking off my children when they were all young
8. Thinking about my Dad, how I remember him as a child, how he was last year and how he is now with rapidly deteriorating dementia and in a Nursing Home, I am grieving for him daily.
9. Yes, I wish I had been able to spend more time with my family not just when the children were young but when they were older, in their teens, than being stressed out at work and too side tracked by work
10. Being a Mum at home with my young children and their friends in the Summer time

jakes nan

Jun 9, 2015
:)
Hi, my name is Elizabeth, I'm 19 and I am here to conduct some background research for my final project for my Art Diploma. I don't want to upset or embarrass anybody by asking anything too difficult or personal for them, which is partly why I have decided to conduct all of my research on these forums, instead of interviews in person.

My aim is to show how important our memories are and how we don't appreciate them enough until we begin to lose them. I have decided to study this particular topic as some my elder family have suffered from Alzheimers, so it is very personal to me.

I completely understand if this message is ignored, but it would mean a lot to me if you could answer some questions that I have put together for my project.

Everything will be kept completely anonymous.

Thankyou in advance :)

1precious is a personal thing of value to you which cannot be replaced. It can be a memory or object.

2.My mum. She died in 1968 aged 46 when I was 18.

3.Being pushed in my pram

4Photographs

5my wedding ring

6.My mums hollow gold cross necklace with my baby teeth marks in it

7.My daughters funny ways as a child

8.My mum never knew my husband or daughter

9.Is there something you regret?

10.What would you re-live if you could?