Reality bites-this is not how I thought it would be

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
This must be very hard tre and my thoughts are with you both. I hope you will now get all the help you need to keep David at home because, whatever happens, I think that is what you want.

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
Yes you are right I do want him at home. His lack of vision makes taking him to an unfamiliar environment which is generally noisy causes extreme anxiety. Until last week music was comforting to him but now her prefers quiet. That is one thing in short supply in hospital.
I would consider hospice but my friend in the local Alzheimer's carers group had hospice care at home and found this really good. His wife had a peaceful end and her golden Labrador was at her side as well as her human family.
I still am hoping David will prove them all wrong and bounce back from this.
Tre

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
Both the Health Care Assistant who came last night and the nurse who came this morning have been really good and gentle with David. We managed to give him a good wash and clean bed linen this morning- part of me hopes this is tempting fate and with cause a bowel movement that might make him feel better.
The GP has rung and said to contact her if we need anything so I am getting lots of quality help now.
David is mostly asleep but he is still aware who I am and calling for me by name.
Tre

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Glad that you have grounds for being a little more positive this morning tre. I guess it's understandable that David is sleeping a lot. Hopefully this will help him.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Freshly washed and a clean bed is a lovely feeling I've found. Hoping it relaxes David too

Xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
So glad that you are feeling more supported now, Tre.
Hope David is soon more comfortable. Sleep is good, as it conserves energy for other things I always think.
Try to rest yourself.
xx