Real Help

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Hi Wendy

It's good to get things off your chest isn't it and I - like you - am on another diet. I've decided to do it while the world cup is on then I've given myself something to aim for. I've not had any chocolate (well apart from a few dairy box that hubby got for fathers day, but they don't count not it's not actually a BAR) since the football started, and WHEN England get to the final, I'm going to buy a big bar of whole nut and scoff the lot when they've won. If they lose - I'll chuck it in the bin - well maybe!:rolleyes:

Libs

shauny

Oct 27, 2005
north-east england
wendy's respite

Hi Wendy i have not 4gotten the thread about the pressure u were under a week or so ago. I am here to remind u have u thought about the possibility of respite? Shauny.

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Hi Tina

Excuse me for being so shallow - I was just going to log off when I caught your bit
there's this fabulous little oldy-worldy chocolate shop that does mail orders and whose chocolates are simply divine....
which immediately caught my attention. (Well I won't be on my diet forever!)

Could you share the name of said shop and do they have a web address??!?

Do share

Libs

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Chocolate definitely comes under the title of 'real help', 'and diets (just as rules) are made to be broken ....... mind you, I suspect the 'special' prices on the lovely Chocolate website might just help you stay away from sweet temptation!

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
My verdict on this....Every home should have a "Tina"....not only are you ready ,waiting in the wings to help whenever needed , (your uncle and aunt are very lucky) you've also given me another life line.........choccy...well the thought of it anyway;) :)
Wendy

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Shauny....thanks for remembering....Yes...I have thought a lot about respite and I'm just waiting for hubby to come up with a week so we can push off somewhere for a couple of days....Just got to get my head round it because...with it being the first time and everything....I know it'll stress me out with guilt and worry......I'm not stalling......honest!!!:rolleyes:
Love
Wendy

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Hi Tina

Thanks for that link :eek: - I'll start saving now for Xmas!! Must say that the cappucino ones sound so deliciousiousious!!

Libs

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Tina

Just a thought. It may work if you convinced Uncle Harry that you wanted to spend some time with Aunty Jean and that it would be nice if he would kindly clear off and let you both indulge in "girl talk". It would have the advantage of showing Aunty Jean that she is still valued, not to be underestimated.

Huge

Dick

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Tina,
I have been sending that website info to all my chocoholic friends. Next time I get to London, I will definitely go in & breathe deeply. I'll tell my husband to avert his eyes while I'm buying chocolates. Poor baby doesn't respond well to high prices!

On a more serious note, the time of day confusion is quite common. My mother has done that for several phases. I take it your uncle will not have your aunt go for respite or eventually go into a nursing home? Is there perhaps a support group in his area he can go to once in a while? He may not be up on computers so TP probably wouldn't work for him but a good old-fashioned support group in the flesh is wonderful. And there's nothing like getting advice from people who REALLY know about AD, if only to make one realize one's not alone on the good ship Alzheimer.

Joanne