Reactions to medication

millerjen66

Aug 20, 2013
Liverpool
Hi

My mum suffers from Dementia and she is in the later stages of the disease over the past couple of weeks she has started suffering from mood swings and is getting quite angry and upset which is unusual for her. However, I've noticed that she is really red in her face, arms and chest constantly. I've done some research into what it could be as I was wondering if she may be having some sort of reaction to her medication and developed a skin disorder. Has anyone else had any experience of this?

Jen

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
HelloJen.
I'm wondering if the Skin problem is uncomfortable , if so this could cause mood swings and aggression. Some of my mums worst Sundowning was caused by pain.

I think the best thing is to do is get the GP To see your Mum asap and hopefully s/he will be able to discover the cause and help your mum.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
My mum had a similar skin problem last year, the doctor believes that it was caused by one of her blood pressure medications so she stopped all of them for a while then restarted them one by one. It appears that amlodipine may have been the cause, mum is now only on perindopril, she still occasionally gets slightly red arms but nothing like before when her entire body was red and the skin looked thickened.
If your mum is on blood pressure medication it would be worth checking your GP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet