Reaching the end

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Thank you to you all for your kind thoughts. Trying to respond to you all individually but the forum is a bit slow this morning

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Dear @Helly68,

I am so sorry to hear this. I know exactly what you are going through and please keep posting. You have been there for me and I want to be there for you. Dad was also in a home and he ended up being put on memantine when he became aggressive. His passing was sudden and I didn't realise the staff and residents at the home would miss him. The same will go for your mum but remember this she would have been very proud of you and what you did for her.

Hugs

MaNaAk
Thank you MaNaAk. It really helps to write about things with those who know what you are going through. I think Mummy had mermantine too, she was on so many things it was hard to keep track. I hope that I made her proud, I was lucky to be able to spend time with her with others doing the heavy lifting of caring

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry to hear your news @Helly68 . I'm sure your mum was very proud of you, and would have been very thankful for you and all you did for her.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thank you MaNaAk. It really helps to write about things with those who know what you are going through. I think Mummy had mermantine too, she was on so many things it was hard to keep track. I hope that I made her proud, I was lucky to be able to spend time with her with others doing the heavy lifting of caring

Dear @Helly68,

She would have been very proud of you.

Love

MaNaAk

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you @LadyA . we do what we can, but somehow it never seems enough.

It is enough @Helly68.

None of us can do any more for those we care for with dementia than give them all we can give and make sure the best provision is there for them when we can no longer meet their needs.

Please accept my condolences.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Thank you everyone for your replies. So much going on for me at the moment as well as grief and the inevitable paperwork. It helps to come on here and read, and hopefully sometimes help others and to be around people who truly understand what it means to juggle, fight for those who cannot, make massive life changing decisions and then realise that others are not doing this and could never understand.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbH