1. Q&A: Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) - Thursday 27 Sept, 3-4pm

Power of attorney (LPA) is a legal tool that gives another adult - often a carer or family member - the legal authority to make decisions on behalf of someone with dementia, if they become unable to themselves.

Our next expert Q&A will be hosted by Flora and Helen from our Knowledge Services team. They will be answering your questions on LPA on Thursday 27 September from 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Re: FTD Dementia and MND

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Chebs, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Chebs

Chebs New member

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    suffolk uk
    I'm new to this site, diagnosised with FTD in 2017 just feel strange about diagnosis??

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Welcome to TP @Chebs.
    I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope you find the forum helpful.

3. karaokePete

karaokePete Volunteer Host

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    N Ireland
  4. Chebs

Chebs New member

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    suffolk uk
    Hi Cat27, Any information is an assest, so look forward to looking and having an input on this forum
    Take care Chebs

5. Cazzita

Cazzita Registered User

May 12, 2018
    Hello @Chebs, I will be very interested to know how you are feeling. My mum has just been diagnosed with FTD at 80 and she tries to tell me how she feels but finds it difficult to explain. She says she feels 'different', not herself and that her brain is not telling her what to do, hence her not being able to complete tasks like putting her shopping away etc.
    Take care and keep posting xx

6. Chebs

Chebs New member

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    suffolk uk
    Hi Cazzita,
    I was diagnosed 2016 at 56, after lots of tests etc... lately I can relate to what your mum is trying to say.. I forget to carry out a task and lately I forget to go toilet!! just dont get the message from my brain, lucky for me my husband Alan is an ex paramedic, so he's noticed my lack of toilet stops and reminds me..I sometimes say to Alan I feel different not myself, maybe its to do with loss of brain matter?? will ask my conslutant when I see hime in Dec.
    I will let you know what he says...
    take care and your mum
    Chebsx

7. Countryboy

Countryboy Registered User

Mar 17, 2005
    Male
    Cornwall
    [
    Hi if it helps I was diagnosed in 1999 with Alzheimer’s and 2003 with FTD after several tests and a PET brain scan ect but it have never worried me and almost 20 years later I can still reply to your post so not all doom and gloom my friend
    ="Chebs, post: 1553360, member: 75244"]I'm new to this site, diagnosised with FTD in 2017 just feel strange about diagnosis??[/QUOTE]

8. AliceA

AliceA Registered User

May 27, 2016
    [/QUOTE]
    It is good to have a positive story. It really emphasises how everyone is different and there is hope in action.

9. Cazzita

Cazzita Registered User

May 12, 2018
    Thanks so much and you too! xx

10. Cazzita

Cazzita Registered User

May 12, 2018
    It is good to have a positive story. It really emphasises how everyone is different and there is hope in action.[/QUOTE]

Yes, so good to hear x