1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Re Does Any Thing Ever Go Right

Discussion in 'Younger people with dementia and their carers' started by bel, Jun 16, 2006.

1. bel

bel Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    coventry
    Thanks to all for your suggestions and support
    I had a very bad day yesterday re receiving court summons on loft not much better today hubby and i had first real row in years it just gets a bit too much at times i did not let it drag on as he i know feels bad he can not be of more help bless him he said LEAVE IT TO ME I WILL DEAL WITH IT that woke me up i thought pull your self together or you are going to make him worse
    So as the day has wore on i am trying to get my posative head on and being supported by TP members really helps
    To answer a few of your comments and keep you all in the picture
    Norman i will phone AD help line hubby is 59 i am 54
    Dmc i have contacted CAB NO GOOD
    Helena no chance to sue builder one word against another no wittness to what he said could take years cost a fortune and still not win
    I dont know whether i said we found out after it was built this was the first loft he had ever built
    We can not get legal aid in this situation
    Helen i have had 18 months of talking to council cab cant do any more
    but you were right i have made a few phone calls today
    re told you dont need a shower unless you have a sever skin condition
    when we appealed against enforcement order i contacted a lovely lady in the know who did it voluntarily much like CAB she made inquiries and came back and told me she said i can not beleive it in this day and age it is not in writting but what you have said makes sence she would know who said that ----will follow through

On a more posative not i have made a few enquirie today
    there is nothing i can do to over turn the letter of the law as i know the only last stand which i did not want to go down i am tired is PLEAD WITH PUBLIC SYMPHTY
    NEWS PAPERS TV ETC
    so if any one has any any ideas please post

being silly my daughter is a hair stylist i am going to ask her do do my roots before i hit the media

2. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Hiya Bel,
    Pleased that you sound a little more positive tonight.
    Get those roots done - it'll make you feel so much better!
    Love Helen