Raw

nbfb

Mar 14, 2009
Wales
What next? Trying to arrange the funeral and getting hell from the awful step-siblings. Being so awkward, no to this, no to that. They even went to the hospital and demanded the form to take to register the death behind our backs. The hospital were completely out of order; they were meant to release it to my MIL's husband of 48 years(next of kin)but it appears that they issued it. We now have no death certificates to wrap up the estate. Having initiated the process yesterday we were awaiting the phone call from the Patient Liasion Officer to collect the code for the Registrar and the burial form. We discovered that it had been done already when the funeral director asked and we said no, we are still waiting, one of them said, "oh, it's all done". They wouldn't even discuss it.
We are going to make an official complaint to the health authority. Disgraceful behaviour - one of them, who refused to come along even rang up in the middle of the meeting with the funeral director to demand to see the will. Mind bogglingly insensitive, designed to wind us up and I am not being too harsh in thinking that they would like to see him drop dead with the stress of it all. They even wanted to refuse the burial and insist on cremation.
Vile behaviour, what next? Why are some people so ghastly? Words fail me.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
I normally give people the benefit of the doubt and try my best to ascribe pure motives to insensitive behaviour, but even I can't find anything good to say about someone refusing to attend the funeral directors but who is badgering about the will so early.

Had the step-siblings done the necessary registration etc with the idea of making things easy for your FIL and you, it would be forgiveable, but clearly that's not the case.

I would say ignore them, but you can't since they are going directly against FIL's wishes. I can only suggest that you try to shield him as much as possible from these trouble makers. As next of kin he will have to be involved to a certain extent but I hope you manage to keep the worst from him.

As though going through all the grief isn't bad enough without that kind of despicable behaviour.

Wishing you all the best

Vonny xxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew