Rating a thread

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Ok - first time ever I have felt inclined :D

When I click on 'rate thread' it tells me I already have?

Never - honest injun!!!!! :D

Can someone tell me what I am so obviously missing? D'Oh!

Thanks, Karen, x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I'm not sure. You're not seeing this?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 409

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thanks Jennifer

No - I get a 'drop down' with two options and the 'little hand' hovering over 'You have already rated this thread'?

Sorry, Karen

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well that's seriously odd.

I can report it for you if you like, because that should only come up when you have rated that thread.

Have you tried clearing cookies etc (I have no idea what this does, but people often suggest it ;))

I suspect that for some reason the thread in question thinks ,you have rated it (well duh, ) Unfortunately the only person who is likely to be able to take a rational stab at a possible answer is on holiday for two weeks.

Have you tried on another thread that you have never looked at before?

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thanks again

Just tried rating this one (different number of stars! ;):D) and got same problem ......

Maybe it's my end?

Maybe my PC is telling me it needs a rest and I will try again in the morning ... maybe my PC isn't so dumb after all? :D

Thanks for now, Kaz, x

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
I thought i read somewhere that the rating threads facility was disabled because it wasn't considered to be necessary for a forum like this or something?

I can't see any ratings on any threads on my screen.

Fiona

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Fiona - you may have a point. I'll try logging in with a non-mod account and see what happens.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Fiona - you are quite right: I logged out of my moderator account and tried a test member account and sure enough, when I try to rate this thread I get the "you have already rated this thread " message.

I will report it. It may be a system setting but I will report it.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thanks Jennifer and Fiona.

First two threads (stickies) on the main frum are showing ratings? Or is that historic? And another member has voted 'five stars'?????

Regards Karen