Rapid onset

Trodge

Sep 15, 2019
Has anyone experienced rapid onset of confusion (literally over 4 weeks) gone from living independently to carers 4 times a day

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Trodge and welcome to DTP
Have you considered that an infection might be the cause of such rapid deterioration?
Would it be a good idea to get a GP to check for that?
Now you have found us I hope you will continue to post.

Trodge

Sep 15, 2019
All the tests have been done for infection blood tests etc waiting to go back to memory clinic but I am starting to accept that things won't improve. It's just been so quick hard to get your head around and was completely unaware that it could happen so quickly.

Jilly606

Dec 7, 2017
My dads behaviour rapidly changed within a couple of days, we’re having to trick him into getting a test for infection as he thinks he’s fine, can’t get him in docs till Tuesday, if that shows no infection then I’ll say yes it can happen very rapidly.

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
My mums dementia was rapid approx 4 weeks from driving and getting around independently to needing constant supervision. They checked her for infections and like in your case there was nothing. She’s been diagnosed with frontal lobe dementia. I found if she was stressed or taken out of her routine she was much worse as long as she stayed in her routine she remained more stable x