1. Trodge

Trodge New member

Sep 15, 2019
    Has anyone experienced rapid onset of confusion (literally over 4 weeks) gone from living independently to carers 4 times a day

2. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    Hello @Trodge and welcome to DTP
    Have you considered that an infection might be the cause of such rapid deterioration?
    Would it be a good idea to get a GP to check for that?
    Now you have found us I hope you will continue to post.

3. Trodge

Trodge New member

Sep 15, 2019
    All the tests have been done for infection blood tests etc waiting to go back to memory clinic but I am starting to accept that things won't improve. It's just been so quick hard to get your head around and was completely unaware that it could happen so quickly.

4. Jilly606

Jilly606 Registered User

Dec 7, 2017
    My dads behaviour rapidly changed within a couple of days, we’re having to trick him into getting a test for infection as he thinks he’s fine, can’t get him in docs till Tuesday, if that shows no infection then I’ll say yes it can happen very rapidly.

5. Rosserk

Rosserk Registered User

Jul 9, 2019
    My mums dementia was rapid approx 4 weeks from driving and getting around independently to needing constant supervision. They checked her for infections and like in your case there was nothing. She’s been diagnosed with frontal lobe dementia. I found if she was stressed or taken out of her routine she was much worse as long as she stayed in her routine she remained more stable x

6. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    This could be vascular dementia. That proceeds stepwise, often relating to small Tia’s.