RAP Panel!!!!!

Susi T

Registered User
Jan 12, 2007
Leamington Spa
Hi everybody

Not posted for a while, Dad is still in assessment hospital (went in October), he has had problems with bladder and TIA's. He was recommended for continuing health care at his review in November, I was advised in January that he had not been accepted. Needless to say I am appealing, Social Worker has not been in touch for over 4 weeks and promises of the discharge co ordinator where Dad is heave not happened, he has allegedly been told on 4 occassions that I wish to speak to him! At his review the Social worker advised that I could appeal, which I have done. Some of you may well recall that I have lived in the house all my life. It is my home, although it is in Dads name, we had the title deeds ready to sign at solicitors, then Dad had to be rushed to hospital and has not been home since!!

I am now being hassled to find a place for Dad, after a mneeting with the ward manager yesterday she questioned why I was having to wait for the coordinator, I advised her about funding I don't know if Dad is partial or fully funded, what type of care whether it be nursing or otherwise. Ok I should have followed this up before, as you can imagine the prospect of losing my home is something I would rather delay!

The ward manager to be fair has apologised that I had not been advised more on Dads situation and that Dads case would be put up for RAP panel!! Can anyone tell me what this committee is for ?

Sorry to rattle on, I could write loads more however I am at work and really pushing my luck!!!

best wishes to you all



Registered User
Jan 31, 2004
near London
Well i Googled "RAP"

I think RAP stands for "Reintegration and Placement" but beyond that i have no information.

But it might also be "Resettlement Action Panel"


Registered User
Jun 27, 2006
I did a quick search of the warwickshire PCT site which should cover you and it appears they have something called Resource Allocation Panels (RAP).

The information I've found starts on Page 33 (Page numbered 31) of this document http://www.warwickshirepct.nhs.uk/trustboard/May 2007/Enclosure 7.pdf

I would strongly suggest you get in touch with your local PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) if you haven't already done so - they are a very valuable resource when it comes to 1) understanding the lingo of the medical profession and 2) finding out what and why referrals are in the pipeline.

Edited to add: I also found the following in the minute of the social care and welfare overview committee on warwickshire.gov.uk

John Bull noted that out of the 4200 places in Warwickshire, Social Services commissioned less than half of these beds and the rest were privately funded. He added that care in the South of the County that was not privately funded was more difficult to obtain but there was a Resource Allocation Panel that allocated places.

It sounds to me like it's a fancy name for "how do we ration our scarce services?"
Last edited:


Registered User
Jan 31, 2004
near London
Just shows why these organisations should not use TLAs [Three Letter Acronyms] - because they are often seemingly inpenetrable.

On second thoughts perhaps the TLAs reflect the services.....


Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Thanks Bruce, and one and all

You are right (three Letter Acronyms) are a pain.
And let's be honest, they are used on this site. For someone new and joining - what does LBD mean ?
Does anyone else understand what I am talking about ?
I rest our case - Mine and Ron's.
Barb XX