Raising Awareness

julez117

Oct 17, 2006
Kingston, Surrey
Hi everyone,

Although there is a post asking professionals and researchers to refrain from using this forum, I would like to take the opportunity to ask anyone if they would like to share their experience of Alzheimer's, as a carer or sufferer, with me.

I am very happy to correspond entirely via email or this forum if they do not wish to exchange personal details.

I am a family support worker in Kingston-upon-Thames, and also studying for a degree in Journalism. I hope to write an article providing insight into how the recent decision of NICE to withdraw funding for memantine will truly affect sufferers and carers.

I hope to raise some awareness in the local community, and hopefully to get more students interested in becoming careworkers, as I myself have learnt how rewarding and essential it can be.

My name is Juliette Tierney, if anyone would like to get in touch privately, or please reply to this thread.

I will gladly provide identification if required.

Thank you very much for your time,
Juliette Tierney
Kingston University

Last edited by a moderator:

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
julez117 said:
Hi everyone, :)

Although there is a post asking professionals and researchers to refrain from using this forum, I would like to take the opportunity to ask anyone if they would like to share their experience of Alzheimer's, as a carer or sufferer, with me.

I see that you have also posted this in the section that is designed for requests such as these

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/TalkingPoint/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I do not understand why you also feel the need to post it here when, as you say yourself, you have been asked not to!

I am not against research or surveys per se but do think you should respect the rules of the forum.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Juliette,
I have removed your posts from the other forums and I ask you to refrain from posting in them. I am sure that your blatant disregard of the 'rules' of Talking Point will not endear you to its members.
I have also removed your E-mail address (as we do from all posts); if members of TP wish to contact you then they are aware how to use the PM system, or will post on the forum.
Helen

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Amy said:
Juliette,
I have removed your posts from the other forums and I ask you to refrain from posting in them. I am sure that your blatant disregard of the 'rules' of Talking Point will not endear you to its members.
I have also removed your E-mail address (as we do from all posts); if members of TP wish to contact you then they are aware how to use the PM system, or will post on the forum.
Helen

Hi Helen

I did respond in a similar vein to the post in another forum. I am just wondering what happened to my response (I thought it was one of my best lol!)

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Noelphobic,
It was! But when I removed the thread your response went with it! Sorry.
Love Helen