1. Vik

Vik Registered User

Jan 29, 2004
    Derbyshire
    Hi all

Just a quick message to let you know that the Jeremy Vine programme on Radio 2 did a feature on Alzheimer's today. I went on to speak about my dad. I mentioned the alzheimer's chatroom, in the hope that more people will use this service. I know it so helped my mum, my sister and me when we were in the midst of it all. If more people can see that they are not alone, then that would be great. I just hope that I came across OK and that people listening now realise that this horrendous disease affects people of all ages.

I think you can listen again through the Radio 2 website if people want to listen to the discussion - the doctor on there was very good, I thought.

Kindest regards

Vikki

2. Anne54

Anne54 Registered User

Sep 16, 2004
    Nottingham
    Dear Vik
    You were very brave to go on the radio live, well done. My daughter and I grinned at each other when you got the plug in for TP.
    Anne

3. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Hello Vik

I heard you while in the car on the way to see Jan. Great job, especially in mentioning TP.

I was impressed by the programme.

4. JoJo

JoJo Registered User

Sep 25, 2003
    Shropshire
    Dear all

I was on standby to sound a positive note about the important role my dad still plays in our family but they never got to me. Never mind - I will listen to it on the BBC playback when I have some time. Well done to Vikki!

Jo

5. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Well done Vicki, you came across so well today. Thanks for mentioning TP. it is such a lifeline to us all. Love Connie