Radar keys

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
i just found out I can obtain something called a radar key which will open most if not all disabled toilets whether outside or inside. Very useful for when out and about with a pwd.
I understand this can be obtained free of charge via local councils or ageuk. I've just ordered one and it cost me £6 including next day delivery. Hope this info is useful

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I found the Radar keys invaluable. I did get one free from the council and I bought several so that family members and Carers who went out with my husband or my mum could also use them.

Just in case anyone isn't sure what they are or how to get them here's a link to them on Amazon -

Radar Keys.

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
Our daughter bought ours from a on line shop .They are great . Now I can assist my OH in a dignified way, We do get some funny looks as he not disabled physically.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Our daughter bought ours from a on line shop .They are great . Now I can assist my OH in a dignified way, We do get some funny looks as he not disabled physically.

I know exactly what you mean!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I have noticed that several motorway service stations have locked the door to the disabled loos, and you have to find someone with a key. Not good when someone is desperate to go!

A very good reason to get a radar key.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
i just found out I can obtain something called a radar key which will open most if not all disabled toilets whether outside or inside. Very useful for when out and about with a pwd.
I understand this can be obtained free of charge via local councils or ageuk. I've just ordered one and it cost me £6 including next day delivery. Hope this info is useful
You overpaid, they go very cheap on Amazon, often with free delivery.
I use mine in McDonald's a lot. :)

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
Many thanks everyone for your input, hopefully this thread will help someone like me who didn't know about these keys.
Regards Shirley/hardwork

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Mine just lives in front pocket of reasonably sized handbag. That way I always have it with me.
A girl and her handbag are never parted!

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
I got mine off ebay and gave some to the carers to keep in their cars in the event they are caught short when out late and public toliets are shut