Quite cross today.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi, as some of you know Lionel has been in a nursing home for the past 10 days.
His latest medication seems to have been partly to blame for his downward turn.
Supposed to have been adjusted last Wed/Thu.
Spoke about it to the senior care staff on Friday to be told that the consultant was due at the home Mon (yesterday) and he would authorise change.
He did not turn up.
I rang this morning to query something, and asked what happened after I left yesterday....nothing. I am hoping to bring Lionel home on Friday, but cannot cope unless his medication is settled.
Had to get cross, and to give the home their due, they sorted the problem out via the consultant.
Hopefully the new dosage will make a difference, but if I had not intervened and asked nothing would have been done. Another day no respite. Angry, Connie

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Connie
At least it sounds as though your anger has been quite productive! I am sure that the Consultant is a 'very important and busy person'. I am sure these people don't realise the impact that they have on other people's lives when they miss appointments or don't do as they say they will.
Nothing wrong with a bit of righteous anger!
Amy

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Connie,

Getting angry is sometimes the only way to get a result. I think that as carers we get so used to keeping the peace at home, that we forget to shout a bit in the real world.

Keep on their case!

Jude

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi connie
yes, these people do need a verbal slap sometimes. Well done, but sorry that you had to do it.

On a number of occasions over the years Jan has seemed to deteriorate and after checking things I have found that some change has been made to her medication. First thing to check when we are concerned, in my opinion.

Best of luck for Friday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet