Quite a funny day

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I was at dad’s yesterday. I found some family photos starting from 1850 . I showed them to dad and he knew some of them . I showed him one where he was beside a tent in a desert. Dad wasn’t sure if it was Egypt or Africa. Dad never went to Africa when he was in the RAF. He was based in Egypt.
He also recognised his mum and dad in his photos but not always himself when he was in his 30’s. I found that odd tbh. He didn’t recognise himself or mum on his wedding day in 1956. He asked me who they were. I told him it was him and mum. His reply was “ it doesn’t look like me”. He and mum were looking sideways at the page boy.. There were 2 photos exactly the same. I gave him the other one. He said “That’s me “.
Mum and dad split up when I was 4 but divorced when I was 16. So I wonder if it’s a case of emotion blocking it out or if he generally doesn’t know.
It was a day of confusion yesterday to say the least.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
@TNJJ My dad got confused with photo's. He thought a photo of his mum was me. It was an old black and white photo taken shortly after the war. I look nothing like dads mum either and it was weird that he thought it was me but I think it was that he just had trouble connecting then and now.

The photo was of a woman and I was in the room with him so it was the easiest option for it to be me in the photo.

I don't know really but that is how I explained it to myself.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
@TNJJ My dad got confused with photo's. He thought a photo of his mum was me. It was an old black and white photo taken shortly after the war. I look nothing like dads mum either and it was weird that he thought it was me but I think it was that he just had trouble connecting then and now.

The photo was of a woman and I was in the room with him so it was the easiest option for it to be me in the photo.

I don't know really but that is how I explained it to myself.
It definitely is weird..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger