quick progression or side effect from aricept

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Diane,
I sincerely hope that everything works out well for your parents moving near to you.
At least through T.P. if your Dad has any questions he can ask you.
Wishes you all the very best
Christine

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Aricept

Just a thought.
We have been told that Ron cannot be put on Aricept.
he had an ECG, they said his heart had some problem's, pumping ?
And Aricept would make it worse.
Is there a connection ?
Could Aricept be given to people with heart problem's, and be causing MORE problem's ? After all, when we get older, our heart's do not work as well as they did when we were younger.
Barb & Ron X

jane@hotmail

Mar 13, 2008
Bedfordshire
Diane, I'm so sorry to hear about your mums diagnosis. You must be going through a whole load of feelings right now. Sadness for both mum and dad, but you must feel relief that at last you know what you're dealing with! I too, understand were you're coming from. My dad was so scared that decisions for my mums care would be taken out of his hands and she would have to go into a care home. Sadly, he died in February of a heart attack. Mum is stil at home with a full time carer and with the help of my sister we go over every day to give the carer her 3-4 hour break. I live an hour away from my parents, and because I don't work, I'm able to do it, although it isn't ideal. I'm in the process of sorting out an annexe for mum and her carer. Like you I want to keep mum out of a nursing home, if not to the end, then as long as possible. At times I feel overwhelmed by the responsibility of it all, but it's the least I can do for my beloved mum in her hour of need. I would highly recommend really pushing for their relocation to somewhere nearer to you sooner rather than later. I hope your dad can see a little clearer now you have a definite diagnosis and feels more able to let go and move closer. You sound like a loving and close family, send my best wishes to your dad from me. I can only imagine the pain he must be going through right now, but with each others support, I'm sure you'll get through it. As I said before, no matter how it may feel now, things inevitability work out in the end. And you always have Talking Point.........Jane x