Quick Introduction

Clarebailey

Oct 27, 2020
Hi, thanks for letting me join this forum.
My Dad is 84 and has vascular dementia. He has had dementia in some form for about 7 or 8 years but gradually got worse over the last 5. He had a stroke last year and has deteriorated greatly since.
He lives at home with my Mum who is his sole carer, and she does an amazing job. The only time she struggles is when Dad has a fall, which is becoming a weekly occurrence. He suffers with neuropathy and is only able to walk a few yards at a time, and that is with using a frame.
I'm sure I will need lots of advice in the future, and hope to gain lots of knowledge from you all :)

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hi @Clarebailey and welcome to DTP its a friendly and supportive forum I suggest you have a good read and then ask any questions you have...
I hope now you have found the forum you will continue to post

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Hello @Clarebailey . Your mum is doing well to look after your Dad. It sounds a lot to manage. Are there no carers coming in to help?

How does your mum manage when your Dad falls? I remember dashing over to try and get my Dad off the floor when he was ill because my parents became embarrassed about calling paramedics so often.