Questions for psychiatrist

TryingToThrive

Nov 20, 2020
Hi,

My Mum (who I live with) has gone through the assessment tests (she had blood tests, an MRI and Addenebrokes score I think in the 70s). We have a telephone appointment with the psychiatrist in early December, and I wonder if anyone has experience of what kind of questions to ask the psychiatrist?

I think (from Mum's history), if any diagnosis is likely to be made it is vascular dementia or mixed vascular and Alzheimer's disease.

Thank you in advance. (This is my first post, so I hope it is in the right place!).

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @TryingToThrive
a warm welcome to DTP

maybe write a list of anything you and your mum are unsure of or want to ask for any reason, and add to it whenever something pops into your head ... so you have a prompt sheet ready for the phone call
you might ask about follow up, with the psychiatrist and/or GP, what support will be offered, any medication available (will depend on the diagnosis and what's suitable for your mum as an individual)

TryingToThrive

Nov 20, 2020
hello @TryingToThrive
a warm welcome to DTP

maybe write a list of anything you and your mum are unsure of or want to ask for any reason, and add to it whenever something pops into your head ... so you have a prompt sheet ready for the phone call
you might ask about follow up, with the psychiatrist and/or GP, what support will be offered, any medication available (will depend on the diagnosis and what's suitable for your mum as an individual)

Thanks so much for your reply, much appreciated.