Puzzles

sonia owen

Hi All,

I have just got a roll up mat to use when doing a puzzle for my mum. When she does not want to do any more than it saves breaking the puzzle up and starting again.
I am now looking for puzzles with say about 50 to 100 pieces, not too hard. Would be nice to try and find puzzles to do with life in the 1940 onwards to 1960. Even ones of the City of Bath or maybe the Cty of Leicester when she lived for many of her married life.
Thanks
Love Sonia xxx

JigJog

Nov 6, 2013
Try the library

Our local library has jigsaw puzzles that you can borrow rather than buy.

They also have reminiscence boxes that you can borrow too with all sorts of books and artefacts in. I was totally unaware of this until a speaker from the library came to a meeting at the local memory cafe.

They also deliver and collect for free.

It may well be worth giving your local library a ring or ask the local Alzheimer's Society.

fbrillon

Jul 19, 2015
I had the same problem

My father used to do jigsaw puzzles of 500 or even 1000 pieces. As his dementia progressed he was able to do less and less up to the point of doing 12 pieces puzzles with help. I found sad that he had to do puzzles with images designed for kids, so after few unsuccessful research, I decided to get easy puzzles printed for him with images more appropriate for his age. I created couples of design you can see at alzafun.com if you are interested.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
I do jigsaw puzzles on my tablet, you can use their pictures or your own photo's and can adjust the number of pieces to suit.