Puppet on a string?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Kayla, that's lovely. It's great that you are able to remember the good times with your mum, and the painful times are fading.

Thank you for your post, and it's good to have you with us again.

Love,

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
Dear Karen,what you are dealing with is very emotional for you(as if you didn't know!)I am not at this level of care for dad as mum is with him.But my word,her feelings reflect yours.Mum is at a point whereby she feels constricted.There is no need for that,i have told her many many times.Fortunatley me and my sister are within walking distance,however,mum chooses to "go it alone".Not ggod really as i try to visit daily and am met with "everything fine",then get a call later saying the opposite!Puppet on a string? "puppet needs roller boots!".Your SOH may be awol,but there is still a twinkle in yoor posts.love elainex

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Karen

Sadly honey us kids dont come with a handbook, and some mums just dont have the maternal bit, but for all that, who does she play up, you, why, cos your the daughter she loves, yes I know, no appreciation just take take take, but how does the saying go, "you always hurt the ones you love".

So please, biff that old guilt monster on the nose, he doesnt belong with you, you are one fantastic daughter, otherwise you would have gone over the hills and far away long before now.

Hubby is so right, when it gets too bad, just walk away, staying around just feeds mums bad mood.

You are strong, and you will cope.

Much love

Cate xxxx