Punchbag

ronyork

Apr 28, 2015
Hunts
I am becoming like a punchbag somedays plus kicking. Any advice I do move out of the room at times when I see trouble brewing. But it is getting quite uncomfortable I have the nurse coming this week (perhaps more tablets) Ron. Cambs

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Please be sure to have a room - with a lock - you can go to and be safe, with a phone to call for help.
And don't be afraid to call the police, they may be your way to access more help - and your situation needs to be evidenced sometimes for 'professionals' to take it seriously.

Make a note of all the incidents you have dealt with so that the nurse is made aware that this is a situation that cannot continue. YOU as well as your partner have a right to be safe in your home.

Call your GP and anyone else involved in your welfare and your wife's, they need to know that your safety and therefore hers too is at risk.

She needs to be helped out of this behaviour, if there is medication that can 'sooth' her, good. If some respite for you and a place to assess her can be arranged, that may be the way you need to go.

This must be heart-breaking for you - but definitely time to get in others to help.

Jess1982

Nov 9, 2014
Hi

My mum became very aggressive with dementia and unfortunately this coincided with my dad becoming very old and frail.
She was abusive to him and eventually nurses witnessed it and alerted social services.
Once they were involved my parents received much more help so I agree that once things are evidenced you will have access to more support.

I hope your situation improves.

missmarple

Jan 14, 2013
Just a thought- does the person you care for have diabetets? My Dad does, he has AD and when his blood sugards were poorly controlled we noticed a definite increase in aggression. Banning all sugar containing drinks (replaced with diet drinks) and limiting sweet foods has made a big difference.