Pulll ups?

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Sorry that didn't work, a lot of firms are happy to send a sample of pants or pads that you are interested in for a small price then take it off the price if you order some,it might be better to do that instead of getting big packs and finding they are no good,

http://attends.co.uk/products/freesamples/default.aspx

http://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk/tena-sample-products.html

http://www.abenaonline.co.uk/shop/free-incontinence-sample-134c1.html

http://www.tena.co.uk/women/product-information/free-sample/

http://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk/10p-sample-depend-pants-for-women-super-small-medium.html

https://www.depend.co.uk/sample

also for men if anyone is interested http://www.tena.co.uk/men/products/free-sample

Last edited:

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
I'm not sure if I'm looking for the right thing here.
This has happened before , then no problem ..then again today, dad is now getting to knowing needs a pee but forgets where he is going or that he needs to go somewhere, this morning on the bedroom floor while getting dressed (often spare room, wardrobe, kitchen bin) , this morning he then had poo accident , was everywhere his hands , he had sat on the bed etc.
Wondered if he getting to the pull up pants at night stage, if that would help for any problems. Not that he will currently remove his undies:rolleyes:
He did see dr and they stopped his metformin which seemed to have helped, yesterday he was at a new day care that's all that's changed , he may well be ok now but any advice where we are going next to be prepared?

Kerry

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
I'm not sure if I'm looking for the right thing here.
This has happened before , then no problem ..then again today, dad is now getting to knowing needs a pee but forgets where he is going or that he needs to go somewhere, this morning on the bedroom floor while getting dressed (often spare room, wardrobe, kitchen bin) , this morning he then had poo accident , was everywhere his hands , he had sat on the bed etc.
Wondered if he getting to the pull up pants at night stage, if that would help for any problems. Not that he will currently remove his undies:rolleyes:
He did see dr and they stopped his metformin which seemed to have helped, yesterday he was at a new day care that's all that's changed , he may well be ok now but any advice where we are going next to be prepared?

Kerry

Hi Kerry, the trouble with the incontinence issue is that its so hard to predict, in my experience :( We went from Mil having the very occasional accident, to suddenly wet beds virtually evey night and then (equally suddenly) about 4 weeks of regular day time poo accidents - which have now gone to just occasional accidents again. It took me a long while to get Mil to accept pull ups at night and we have had weeks and months of her regularly removing them. However - touch wood - at the moment we have found that if she wears pj's with a partically 'corded' waist, she is (for some reason) leaving the pull ups on, and unless she 'floods' with a lot of wee, mostly the bed is dry. When the poo accidents started, I removed her ordinary undies and just started using the pull ups during the day as well. Maybe because she was use to them at night time, there wasn't much of a fight against them. Even though the poo accidents are now only occasionally, I've stuck with the pull ups during the day, as you just don't know when something will go from being an intermittent issue to an every day event, and I don't want to risk any problems getting her to have to accept them again. My own opinion is that sooner is better than later when it comes to introducing incontinence protection.

HTH xxxx

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks Ann
Are there any particular type you'd recommend , would she just get these from any chemist/pharmacy ?
Thanks for your reply, I think you are right , sooner the better.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Sorry, but the GP is talking rubbish. I know this because it used to be my own belief!

The reason why people might think this is that most people will only see pads and pants in supermarkets and large pharmacies. They aim their selection at people who need something for 'dribbles'. As Tena Produces many of these products, people associate the brand name with such products.

In our long journey to find the most suitable solution for severe incontinence we tried many brands and types and finally found Tena pants maxi which have an absorbency of 2900 ml. Beat that!

No continence service that I've read about on TP supplies pads/pants with anything like that absorbency.

Needless to say, you will be hard put to find anywhere to buy them except online.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I agree with Stanleypj.

Our Continence Service supplies Tena Normal which are inadequate. Privately we buy Tena Super and Maxi (for night time) to make up the numbers as we don't receive enough anyway. I can find Tena Super in pharmacies and the supermarket but not Tena Maxi, so we order them online.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
My mums been buying tena maxi from the supermarket , can you get the same online? I've been looking at ageUK but so many different ones. I got her a selection of samples for lighter times. Is there another site to buy from you'd recommend or better with them?

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
We get Tena pull-ups for my mum on NHS prescription, as assessed by the Continence Nurse. However, we can only get 4 per day if we choose the lower absorbency, because they are cheaper. These are OK for daytime. I buy the highest absorbency pull-ups for night-time. I get these from Incontinence Choice:
http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks for your help :D I've saved those sites for shopping later.
I think he still doesn't think he needs them so it's a pull up for now .

Do you think it's worth trying incontinenece nurse? How would we go about it?

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
Where my mum lives you ring the local district nurses office and ask to speak to the In/Continence Nurse. If they say they don't know what you're talking about then ask at the GP practice for the name and number of the right person. AFAIK it will be a district nurse, but they might be based in a different team.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Ok thanks Katrine , we are cumbria so il see what I can find out tomo.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Dads in hospital (admitted today) with an infection, mum mentioned they used nappy like pads as has been mentioned but also a foam? To clean him . Any ideas?

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Oh what a dope , I never thought to look there. My heads in the clouds.Vague description from mum.
Thanks yet again katrine.

Paulaorma55

Aug 31, 2016
Hi I've just read your message about inconitence and Im wearing nhs pads

I've had a few occasions now where Mil has completely flooded the bed, despite her wearing the most absorbant tenna pull ups that I've been able to find. She's still tending to get up at least once in the night to go to the loo, so I don't think nappy style pads will work, as she will just remove them.

Has anyone come accross a brand of pull ups that are very, very absorbant, please? The wet beds are not just hard work to deal with in terms of the stripping and remaking, plus the washing, but they can also distress Mil quite a bit :(

Thanks xxxx

Hi just to say you can get pads or pull ups from nhs but you have to be referred by the doctor I've recently been to bladder clinic for scans and been told I have a over acted bladder they send me pads out every 3 months I still have accidents in bed and being disabled I've to shower strip bed get them dried but I bought KYLIE SHEETS OFF EBAY TO PUT ON TOp OF MY SHEET TO PROTECT MY BED they are brilliant come in single n double so it's worth looking into them as well but not sure if you can get them on nhs hope this helps good luck ..

Paulaorma55

Aug 31, 2016
Hi just to say you can get pads or pull ups from nhs but you have to be referred by the doctor I've recently been to bladder clinic for scans and been told I have a over acted bladder they send me pads out every 3 months I still have accidents in bed and being disabled I've to shower strip bed get them dried but I bought KYLIE SHEETS OFF EBAY TO PUT ON TOp OF MY SHEET TO PROTECT MY BED they are brilliant come in single n double so it's worth looking into them as well but not sure if you can get them on nhs hope this helps good luck ..
hi it's me again boots sell pull up for adults or eBay as we got our mums off there people do tend to sell them cheaper what they have spare