Public Guardianship Office

gary

Jul 15, 2006
bradford on avon, wilts
Could anyone, or if you know anyone who has had problems with the Public Guardianship Office could you please get in touch with me by PM.

I would be particularly interested to hear from "Billy2" whose thread was moved to the "Tea Room" if anyone is able to put me in touch with him.
I look forward to any replies
Thankyou
Gary Hollis

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
gary said:
Could anyone, or if you know anyone who has had problems with the Public Guardianship Office could you please get in touch with me
I look forward to any replies
Thankyou
Gary Hollis

I would like to put on record that I have found the Public Guardianship Office to be a first class service... They have been helpful, kindly, interested and led me down the correct routes. I have been very impressed by the excellent service I have received. --- For me they have been very good people.
Michael

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I'll go on record with Michael that I found the help line person I spoke to incredibly helpful, and willing and able to speak at length on issues relating to EPAs and house sales etc... technical stuff that was essential at the time.

I did originally speak to one of the EPA administrators, who then put me through to the help desk, thank goodness, because I hardly understood a word she said, her foreign accent was so strong. Likewise she had great trouble understanding me.

I have also had problems with administrative staff there who did not understand English in letters I sent. Again, this was a problem of having foreign staff doing admin.

So my recommendation is to get the help line people on the case.

J@ne

Jan 10, 2007
Sounds like I've been unlucky then

I've only rung up once so far, and that was for help with the forms to apply to the CoP. The chap who answered the phone was casual in the extreme which hardly inspired me with much confidence that I was talking to someone with a professional approach. And I thought that given that most of their callers are probably distressed and stressed relatives, his attitude needed to be a whole lot more businesslike and sensitive. He was pretty vague too and couldn't explain much about the question I was asking (I wanted to know more about the background info they want like what they're looking for in that question - he couldn't really tell me much at all and virtually said it doesn't really matter). Finally I asked him about notifying DVLA and he had no clue what I was talking about, so I said "you have to notify DVLA if you make an applicaiton about a driver to the CoP and he said "do you?" and I said yes, its the question at the top of the page you're looking at and he said "well I never knew that".

I was expecting someone who sounded far more business-like and professional and acutally knew what the requirements are! I might write to the PGO about him in fact. The last thing stressed, distressed and depressed family members need is to be on the phone with someone who sounds like they work for a mail order call centre!

Last edited: