Public 3rd Strike warning and ban

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
The following e-mail was sent to janishere at noon today:
3rd strike warning said:
Dear janishere

Following the Second Strike warning issued recently, we have learned that you have previously posted elsewhere in the Internet, the full contents of a private message sent to you from Alzheimer's Society.

As a result I am issuing this Third Strike warning. Your identity on Talking Point will be banned with immediate effect.

If you wish to appeal against this ban, please reply to the address that has sent this notification.

bernie

Jul 28, 2005
south london
I don't know the full details of this, however do you have any mechanism for banning the ip address? By purely banning the user name the user can register a new user name and carry on doing whatever they were doing in the first place.

This is just an observation.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi bernie

yes, IP addresses were dealt with at the same time as the identities.

Thanks for suggesting anyway.

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi brucie

sorry for sounding dumb:rolleyes: but if a person has changed theyre internet provider recently, can that mean they can reapply to TP?
or do you automatically Know that a IP address has been changed?

thanks donna

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Donna and Joanne

this is my last post before going away for a few days holiday, so please don't get offended if I don't answer any more questions.....

Donna, the IP [Internet Presence] address relates to the PC itself and is not related to the ISP [Internet Service Provider].

Joanne, sorry not to be more specific, but we just knew.....;)

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
told you i was dumb:eek:

have a lovely break bruce :)
thanks for the answer
donna

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Not so clever, donna - I've been corrected by a guru at AS who says
the IP addresses are owned by the ISP's and will change when the ISP changes - or she dials in - or she reboots her router
However, there are other ways...

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Same really , because she did bring up some good issue how to resolve them , just if she could only amended her wording to not course so much offence to some people , it would of not all have cascaded.

I must admit I did look at the links and them where for the government web site to sigh petition for medication for AZ and continuing care.

Some people just lack interpersonal communication skills

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Right on Margarita!

You're absolutely right, Margarita. Some very good points could have been made, had they been expressed differently. Pity.

Brucie, shall we now start referring to you as "Bond, James Bond?" Our little spymaster!!