Psychological assessment

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im assuming that you mean a neuropsychology assessment?
My OH has had several over the years. They take a bit of time (about 2 hours), but are nothing to worry about. They are mostly pen and paper exercises, although some parts are oral.

Have you got one coming up?

Jorbin

Jan 30, 2018
Im assuming that you mean a neuropsychology assessment?
My OH has had several over the years. They take a bit of time (about 2 hours), but are nothing to worry about. They are mostly pen and paper exercises, although some parts are oral.

Have you got one coming up?
Yes next week.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
They wont just be checking your memory @Jorbin - they will be giving your whole brain a workout to find out which parts are working well, not just the bits that are not so good.

Im sure you will be fine
xx

Tricot

Jun 20, 2017
France
Hello Jorbin, I find your expression "grieving for my memory" very poignant. I think I feel that, too, but have never thought to express it so eloquently. Not being able to remember things is very troubling and can wear you out.

I haven't had a diagnosis yet but I've had 3 visits to the memory clinic where each time they do the MMSE test and other psychological tests. At the end is a meeting with the doctor who's had time to look at the test results.

This may not be the same for you, though, as I believe you've already been diagnosed. In any case, you're being assessed in order that you can be helped so don't worry about it. Please do express the fact that you need more support than you have at the moment. Good luck! Please let us know how it goes.

Jorbin

Jan 30, 2018
Hello Jorbin, I find your expression "grieving for my memory" very poignant. I think I feel that, too, but have never thought to express it so eloquently. Not being able to remember things is very troubling and can wear you out.

I haven't had a diagnosis yet but I've had 3 visits to the memory clinic where each time they do the MMSE test and other psychological tests. At the end is a meeting with the doctor who's had time to look at the test results.

This may not be the same for you, though, as I believe you've already been diagnosed. In any case, you're being assessed in order that you can be helped so don't worry about it. Please do express the fact that you need more support than you have at the moment. Good luck! Please let us know how it goes.
Thank you.yes I will let you know.x