Prunella Scales

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Caught an interesting article in t Mail today about the progression of Prunella's Alzheimer's. Apparently Pierce Morgan was very taken with Timothy West's openness about her inability to remember things. As sad as it is it didn't seem very different to posts that I read on here every day. In fact my own wife often talks to me about her husband and cannot remember things we did a short while ago. Perhaps Pierce is not at all famiiar with dementia.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
. Perhaps Pierce is not at all famiiar with dementia.

Yes, your right as he does go on to say .

Morgan added: ‘It was no more powerful an illustration of how awful a disease Alzheimer’s is than for me to talk to someone just after she had watched her husband being interviewed for two hours and she can’t even remember being in the studio. It was an extraordinary moment.’
In January 2013 Miss Scales told the Daily Mail that her short-term memory was fading to the point she could not remember whether she had just made herself a cup of coffee.
She said she struggled to remember the year either of her two sons were born, or what year she married Mr west.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tia-bad-forgot-d-just-seen.html#ixzz3jpoghJRx

It sadly seems only when a celebrity gets AZ does more awareness , understanding happen.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
My thoughts were why does this deserve a big spread in the Daily Mail, or any other paper, when many of us are dealing with/ have dealt with much worse. Basically, she's in reasonably early stage. What on earth do they think loss of short term memory is?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I just rather wish that Timothy West would stop publicising his wife's dementia. They have already had numerous interviews and the TV programme about travelling the canals and now this interview.
Yes it's one thing to be open about dementia and to make the public aware but I'm afraid I find this continual highlighting of his wife's deterioration quite uncomfortable.
We know she has AD, let's leave her to enjoy her life in peace whilst she can.
Just my feelings and those of others may of course differ.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Agree Saffie. When she was diagnosed Timothy West said she had a 'mild form of Alzheimer's'.:confused:

She had AD-not a mild form-probably she was diagnosed whilst in the early stages:confused:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I have notice that Daily Mail do lots of big spread about Alzheimers

I don't know if this has been posted, So I thought best to post in this thread.

Sounds interesting

Commenting on the newly presented research, Alzheimer's Society's head of research, Dr Doug Brown, said: 'Today's findings strongly suggest that targeting people in the earliest stages of Alzheimer's disease with these antibody treatments is the best way to slow or stop Alzheimer's disease.
'These drugs are able to reduce the sticky plaques of amyloid that build up in the brain, and now we have seen the first hints that doing this early enough may slow disease progression/QUOTE]

Major Alzheimer's breakthrough as scientists unveil new drug that slows progression of the disease by 30%

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-slows-progression-disease.html#ixzz3jsPEboov