Protest with us

Sarah Thomas

Oct 9, 2006
London
Protest with us
Friday 20 June 2008

Supporters we need your support to campaign to end the current system of charging for care.

Join our branches across England to protest and lobby MPs for a new funding system for adult social care

Write to your local MP using our template letter available from the website at www.alzheimers.org.uk/action

For more information contact your local branch or
T: 020 7423 3585
E: sarah.thomas@alzheimers.org.uk
Visit: alzheimers.org.uk/action

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
At my Relative`s Support Group today, we were given more information about the campaign.

Those of us unable to attend a group demonstration are asked to write to their MP, and I suggest Ivan Lewis too, in protest.

It was suggested we write a letter rather than send an email. A letter has to be replied to and attended to. More effort is needed to respond to a letter than to an email. We should bombard MPs with letters.

Key Arguments
1] The current system of charging for care discriminates against people with dementia because their needs are classed as `social care`[means tested] and not `health care` [generally free on the NHS]

2] Currently thousands of people with dementia and carers pay substantial amounts towards care they need as a direct result of their condition. This essential care includes help with washing, eating and using the toilet.

3] Despite the amount people pay, the quality of care received is often very poor.

4] People with dementia are hit hardest by the charging system, in comparison to people with other conditions, because they need much more support from social care services.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
We will send a letter to our MP

You have our support
A letter will be sent off tomorrow.
Barb & Ron

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Thanks for highlighting this..my letter will be going off soon..and another to Ivan Lewis..

And Gordon will get one too....:D

Love gigi xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckdf1234