Promising book on dementia prevention

Discussion in 'Books, film and music' started by lambchop, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    As long as people continue to try, there is hope. Imagine if everyone gave up.

2. Countryboy

Countryboy Registered User

Mar 17, 2005
    Male
    Cornwall
    Hi Grannie G yes every one has to deal with this in their own way, I took the view I have the dementia and it in my interest to first accept it then lean how to cope with it ok can be a few challenges but i found that kept my brain active again not easy but can be achieved.

still bitterly cold out walking Grannie G no sign of Global Warming down "er" :(:(

3. Georgina63

Georgina63 Registered User

Aug 11, 2014
    Hi @lambchop, I found it a really interesting read and just a little bit reassuring that there might be some sort of solution. Yes, it's complex and tailored to each individual case, but there in lies the challenge around the expectation that there may one day be 'a single pill' that will be a cure......Gx

4. Georgina63

Georgina63 Registered User

Aug 11, 2014
    I agree with you @lambchop - we can each make our own decisions about what to read and which advice to follow, and if this provides even a glimmer of hope then that's got to be a positive thing, especially if there is little alternative. Some of the programme re exercise and nutrition is very common sense and even if in the long run it didn't work work to prevent Alzheimer's, well, no harm done! I must admit as I read the book, I was often thinking about what might have affected my parents, both of whom have Alzheimer's/dementia, but of course we may never know! Georgina X

5. lambchop

lambchop Registered User

Nov 18, 2011
    #25 lambchop, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Many thanks Georgina. Like you, I agree it's a positive sign for the future. :) xx

6. lambchop

lambchop Registered User

Nov 18, 2011
    Hear, hear. Thanks Country Lady.

7. Country lady

Country lady Registered User

Dec 5, 2017
    Female
    [I have started parts of the protocol for my husband. On recent blood tests, his pattern fits the common Sugar too high/ Homocysteine/ too high profile. We have changed to the High Fat/ Low Carb diet, and are finding it easy enough, despite the lack of bread/ grains/ pasta/ potatoes. I have seen and heard of Diabetic patients reversing their Diabetes on this diet + exercise alone, so am hopeful that we can achieve something - hopefully stall the progress of his Dementia. We are seeing a Practitioner trained in the Bredesen Protocol next week, and hopefully will be starting on a Supplement programme as well. I was wondering if you have heard of anyone else who is trying the Protocol and if so, have they reported any changes/ improvements ?