Projectile Sickness

Pottingshed50

Apr 8, 2012
I have just had a phone call from the Care home where Mum is to say she has just been very very sick (Projectile) ,very dark in colour. I suggested it may be all of the chocs she had yesterday but they said no, she is now on her way to the hospital. Has anyone else had this sudden sickness in the elderly , Mum is 95.

To say I am very worried is an understatement and it does not help being a long way away.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Pottingshed

Your poor Mum, and you, are you too far to go and be with her?

Hope you get some info from the hospital asap
Thinking of you
Sue

Pottingshed50

Apr 8, 2012
I will certain post again later when I hear more. I am hoping and praying it is the chocolates although everyone seemed quite worried on the phone.

Thank you for your kind words.

Pottingshed50

Apr 8, 2012
Good morning all

Good news, Mum is back at the Care Home. She went to the hospital and was thoroughly checked out. I really feared the worst, it was the tone of the person who rang me. She has not been sick since thank goodness. I think she over did the chocolates on Mother's Day quite frankly, but the person who rang me scotched that idea immediately that I suggested it.

Thank you so much for your thoughts. Thank goodness for Talking Point.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I'm with you on the chocolate front. My youngest was once really, really sick the night after the end of Christmas term. He recently admitted that he had eaten 10+ mince pies for a dare. Too much sugar upsets the body.