Progress at last!!!

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
Hi all - me again!!!

At least I have some good news this time.

While mum is still in the same home, she has now been moved from top floor to the ground floor. This is because my mother's nursing needs outweigh her EMI needs. Dad would have been so pleased as that's what we wanted from the beginning.

The upshot of this is she has a lovely big room which has just been decorated AND the lounge she sits in is so much quieter. I get the feeling she seems happier, not too much shouting from the other residents there, in fact there's no shouting at all. Nice big armchairs to sit in.

Also there's a plus point for me. After speaking to the manager and resolving the problems and misunderstandings I feel much happier visiting Mum and don't feel I'm being watched, though I do think I am some of the time. The manager has agreed with me that some of the things that happened while upstairs shouldn't have taken place, like nurses standing outside mum's room door.

So, a big room and quiet lounge for Mum and a calmer atmosphere for me to go in and visit.

Some happiness for a change - been to see Mum twice today.

She's got a huge appetite!!! Full meal and rice pudding today, and then some Maltesers!! Also a couple of smiles and laughs and kisses for me.

Oh and it's the Christmas party next Thursday which I've been invited to!!!

Feel quite contented now.

Thought you'd appreciate some good news from me for a change.

Keep smiling all.

BTW, why do Christmas carols make you upset when visiting your relatives!!!!

Last edited:

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Shakey

I am so pleased for you.

At last you can enjoy your Mum again, may you have many many more happy times with her, she sounds lovely.

Stay happy.

Kathleen
xx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Shakey

excellent news for you both. Well done for hanging on in there.
, why do Christmas carols make you upset when visiting your relatives!!!!
I have always found that music is, to me, the thing that is the thing to get me most emotional, be that happy, or sad, etc.

Christmas is always a time we remember from our childhood, and from later as well, so when we put the two things together, as in Christmas carols, it is bound to be emotional - even without the spectre of dementia.

When all the memories are now even more poignant, well, it is all bound to be upsetting.

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Chritmas carols and nativity plays are a real emotional roller coaster for me.

I work in the school my children attended and last year was the first time in 26 years that i watched the christmas plays and carol services without my Mum beside me.

I thought, foolishly, that it would be easier this year, but if anything it is even more difficult to keep my tears at bay.

Perhaps next year will be easier, who knows.

kathleen

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hey Shakey,

Great to hear your good news and to know that things are finally working out for you.

Hang in there - it can only get better.

Jude xxx

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
Another blip but this has been resolved.

Went to see mum and she was in her room. The nurse said that she'd get someone to accompany me... I said I didn't need anyone, to which she replied I did. Left mum after 5 mins cos I was so angry.

After phoning CSCI and the home to complain I get a call from the home an hour later apologising profusly(sp) that the nurse was wrong. I suggested that ALL members of staff be told the homes policy so they can ALL get it right and not have any more of these instances!!!

Went later to see mum in her room was not watched and gave her tea, which as usual went down in a blink!!!

Asked the CSCI for my compaint to be stopped but for it to remain on file.

Solved, but had to go through it again.

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Shakey, its good to hear things are improving at the home for your Mum and yourself. Even if you are still getting a blip like today. It was soon resolved, so on the things are sounding much better there. Love She. XX