Procedures for getting free health insurance?


Registered User
Jul 2, 2006
Help! I am the primary caregiver for my father who is in the last part of stage 6.

I flew in from Australia 5 1/2 months ago to take over care from my brother in law. He received payment. I do not.

I have no viable income, though my mother does give me money when I need it. Therefore, I cannot afford health insurance and my ear is really screwed up. I need to get it checked as quickly as possible.

Please advise me how to proceed to get what i need.

Last edited by a moderator:


Registered User
Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Caterunkle,
We ask people not to give out personal E-mail addresses (for your own security), so I have deleted it from the post. I am sure that people will reply to you by Personal Message or on the thread if they can help.
Welcome to TP.
Best wishes,


Registered User
May 14, 2006
I think you can receive emergency treatment for an ear problem at a minor injuries clinic at hospital or from a GP. An ear infection would need attention to make sure it is nothing serious. Maybe your embassy could give further advice.