problems

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
I can't go on the phone or answer the phone now. If i do my husband storms of saying i've had it i'm going to find someone else, i'm going. I get this only if i do answer it or phone, but when i come of the phone he is ok. I also can't iron as its not safe and its getting even cooking is unsafe. He has a lot of hand jestures and will point or do it at your face or to whatever you are trying to do. Anyone else had this problem and any sugestions how to stop this.
Oh and does anyone know of a lot of red tape with Direct Payments or is it just that Social Worker who is using me (she has said to me you can pick and choose what you go to) I can't my boss says i can't and i am needed. The care system here is in a very poor state animals, drunks and drug users get more

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear Chip,
I am sorry that you are having so many problems with the social worker and obtaining direct payments to help with your husband's care.
I'm not sure what to suggest, but perhaps there are some carer's organisations locally which might assist you.
I know it is very hard when someone is so demanding of your attention, but you must find a way of having some time away from him so you can relax a little.
Just to let you know that I am thinking of you. Take care.
Kayla

Brianj

Jealous???

Hello Chip

From second hand experience I know my mother had problems with my father for about 3 years at home. He would get very jealous if she spoke to another person, even though it was a neighbour or a known friend. I found her diary after she died last year and she had written a few notes in it about these situations, one example:
Had a New Year’s dinner at the Cresset with the Alzheimer’s Society, a lovely lunch and nice company but again Ron wasn’t impressed all the time we were there he did not speak to any-one, he objected to me talking to any one of the guests, it can be so depressing at times, but I refuse to let him get me down, he can’t help it. December 1999

Best wishes

Brianj

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
forgot to say that she said well you are just a voluteer so you can pick and choose, Well i'm not i'm a partner and doing a service to the community covering high risk events (we have 2 ambulances) thats why they can't do without me. She also treats me as being stupid and trys to tell me what i already know. Why is she ignoring me and the rights carers have to work. lesuire. studying, training, education. I have had a carers assesment done but i may as well throw it out for all the good its done. I am on the phone a lot as well due the nature of what i do. I have to contact members we have contracts and i really enjoy doing it ( yea i know must be mad) For 6 months i have been on at her i need a PA. Anyway i am going to try and go to a question time debate with my case in hope it helps others its with representatives from scotlands main political parties i can only try and let them know how bad it is with Social Work (i think Social Services should be changed to Warning we don't care, we ignore rights, we will try and run your life, we will tell you what you can and can't do, we will not listen to you, don't get us involved, we can't help you , you will just have to get with it yourself attitude. This is what i am going to say at the debate as its happened to me. Wonder what the reply will be? Wish me luck i need it .