Problems with Nomad packs and getting medication delivered to home

happycat

Mar 3, 2014
My Mum cannot be trusted with medication, so it gets locked in a safe (she lives alone at home). She has care workers who take the medication from the safe and give it to her. The problem is we get Nomad packs from the pharmacy, but she takes medication where the dose changes based on her blood tests. So this medication has to be added to the packs weekly, by a member of the family. It is not always possible for them to do this, ie pick them up from the pharmacy and deliver them to Mum. Anyone else any ideas on what we could do? Technically the carers are not supposed to use Nomad packs that have been tampered with either.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
2 possible solutions.
Explain the situation to the pharmacy, ask them to make up the Nomad weekly, allowing for the changing medication.
Put the changing medication in the safe, with a very clear list as to what has to be given and when. This will rely on the carers reading the instruction.

Having been there, I would push for the first, even if it meant changing pharmacy.
Could the carers collect the Nomads?

Bod

happycat

Mar 3, 2014
2 possible solutions.
Explain the situation to the pharmacy, ask them to make up the Nomad weekly, allowing for the changing medication.
Put the changing medication in the safe, with a very clear list as to what has to be given and when. This will rely on the carers reading the instruction.

Having been there, I would push for the first, even if it meant changing pharmacy.
Could the carers collect the Nomads?

Bod

Thanks for your idea, my brother usually deals with this, and I know he has been having some issues with the pharmacy, so I will see if we can change to one that will be prepared to do weekly packs, and see if the carers can collect them.