Problems with mobile App? Anyone else

Fastwalker

Apr 27, 2010
Tyne and Wear
Hi My mum has severe dementia and is in a nursing home. I thought I might like to access Talking Point from my mobile. My old mobile was very basic so I decided to get a contract. I got a HTC phone and tried to download the Talking Point App from Play Store. The App downloaded successfully but everytime I try to load it I get a picture of a fish!
It is highly possible that I have done something wrong however has anyone else had this problem? I am still learning what to do as I have never had such a complicated phone before.

Thank you for reading this
Julia

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
I'm on an iPhone, no idea if there is a difference but on mine when I click on the app there is a fish first as it's loading, all in grey. The main screen doesn't take long to load depending on speed if internet.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
The fish is the icon of tapatalk (I think) which runs the app, and you should expect to see that as the app loads. However, if it doesn't load relatively quickly after that, I would suggest deleting the app and then downloading it again (I don't know why, but I've had to do that a couple of times).

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
My talking point App on my ipod freezes every time any one makes a post.
I have to leave the app and restart it. I've deleted and downloaded a number of times, it's still rubbish.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Drives me mad Jennifer, I'll be half way down a long thread and it crashes.
Bonus is, I lose interest, go to sleep and don't gob off. Perhaps it's a setting particular to me? ;) :D xxx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
That makes sense: that's the latest version for the iphone isn't it? The 5.1.1 is the latest for the itouch. Well my generation itouch.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
It would be a good idea if anyone who is having problems with the app (either on apple or android) would log their device type and software versions so that we can report accordingly.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It works on my iPad. Also ISO7. For preference I use safari but use app for latest posts.

Mamsgirl

Jun 2, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
So which os version and what sort of problems?

IOS 6.0.1

Problems (from memory, mine)
- Interface lacks features on website, sorry to be vague but I *think* I wasn't able to utilise look back on recent posts whilst writing, and neither editing tools or emoticons were available when posting on someone else's thread.
- App crashed most of the time when returning to previous page, as did website when app installed.

Really miss the sizing options the app's photo handling has though.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
The TP app on my ipod touch keeps shutting down too. It's a 4 which was upgraded at the same time as the 5 came out just about a year ago. I thought it was just me!

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Mine works fine on an Android phone but not on Android tablet. Got a msg at one point to say it was due to the AdBlock programme I use but never bothered to investigate further.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar