Problems in Kent!

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Is any one else living in Kent having problems with the payment of Nursing Care Allowance? My Mum has been assessed as needing moderate nursing care and should receive £83 a week from the PCT. She has received nothing at all since 19-2-06 and no one in her NH has received payment since March. When the office was local in Kent, there were few problems if any. At the beginning of the year, they moved the office to North Yorkshire and the result is absolute chaos! Why not just keep things local? Surely it must be much more expensive to deal with finances from a distance.
Mum is owed about £1000 as she was paying monthly by invoice while she settled in. Now she is paying by monthly standing order, the NH are owed nearly £600, as they deduct the anticipated allowance. This problem is beginning to affect Mum's cash flow, as we are trying to relet her house, after the first lease ended. I've sent an e-mail to our MP, who is usually very good at helping with problems.
The Attendance Allowance is paid directly into Mum's bank account, with no fuss or bother. If only they would do the same with the Nursing Allowance. It is only a small fraction of the total amount anyway, so why do they have to make things so complicated?
Kayla

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear Nada,
Thankyou for the information. I've sent an e-mail to them and also my MP. Just awaiting a reply. I would be interested to know if it is a general problem or whether it's just Mum's NH.
Kayla

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
This morning I found out that the Registered Nursing Contribution money has now been paid for my mother. In total it was £1463, which is a lot of money for a frail old lady to be owed. I'm just hoping that they will keep the payments up to date in future!
Kayla

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
it's not just kent!

Hi Kayla

pleased you finally got the allowance. my dad went into nursing home in march and it was only a week or so ago that I got a letter about nursing contribution. this month it's come off his nh invoice, so been charged much less for this months care. It's also taken since march for him to get attendance allowance ..... got a letter about that last week too. :eek:

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Income Tax

I've just had a statement about Mum's income tax on her pension and it is almost the same as the Nursing Contribution she's just received! Could they not devise a simpler system using the income tax payments, credits and personal allowances? They've virtually refunded what she's had to pay out. She could have just kept more of her pension! At least she got her own money back, so we're not complaining.
Kayla