Problem with shopping

Bridgirl53

Jan 28, 2019
Under the present conditions my daughter who normally sits with my husband, who has early onset dementia, cannot visit whilst I do my weekly shopping. He is not safe to be left at home by himself and if I take him with me I am told only one person is allowed in the store. What do I do. Has anyone any ideas.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
there are also volunteer hubs in each location who are helping with shopping and deliveries ... have a look online, maybe on your Local Authority's website

are you signed up to online shopping with a supermarket ... there may be a delay in getting a slot, but worth trying

lell

Nov 21, 2017
Hi Bridgirl! Have you tried on-line shopping? Or maybe leave him in bed and go out early to the shops?

cobden 28

Dec 15, 2017
Perhaps you could ask your daughter to do your shopping but to just leave it at your front door and not actually come inside your home?

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
Under the present conditions my daughter who normally sits with my husband, who has early onset dementia, cannot visit whilst I do my weekly shopping. He is not safe to be left at home by himself and if I take him with me I am told only one person is allowed in the store. What do I do. Has anyone any ideas.
Do you have a local Carers association? If you do are you registered as a Carer with them? I volunteer at our local one and we are collecting shopping and prescriptions for registered Carers, just a thought x

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
There are various Covid 19 mutual aid groups around the country , you can search on Facebook , if you have it. We had a leaflet through the door offering help via our local residents association.

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Please consider alll the above ideas, there will be volunteers willing to shop for you, just needs a bit of investigation in your area.
Another option is ordering online a Morrison's food box which we did a couple of weeks ago; easy to order and ours was delivered within two days, my friend's was delivered next day - that's service for you!!
I understand Aldi have started a food box online order service as well and check out other supermarket websites, they are much more geared up for the demand now.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
try local age uk or ask the doctor to refer you especially if he is shielding,or i go with shopping with my daughter-in-law as i have a stick and vulnerable myself. i have like a ribbon which i wear when i shop my husband is shielding so do it as safe as possible.