Problem with anger and violence when PWA feels she does not need tone cared for

Danny62

Nov 27, 2021
My wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 5 years ago. She has never accepted her diagnosis. No problem in that. However she now refuses to let me use her blue badge because she is "not disabled". She refuses my help and the female carers we employ because she can wash herself and her clothes. I have had several discreet comments that she is suffering from worsening body odour.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hello @Danny62 and welcome to DTP..
with regard to using the blue badge could you try telling her you are in pain and displaying the badge would be a great help to you?

Now you have found the forum I hope you will continue to to post for support and to share experience..

Danny62

Nov 27, 2021
Yes that's worth trying with the badge. I'll leave it a while because I have just got the GP to increase my wife's sertraline dose and that takes a while to have any effect. I always avoid conflict/ argument if possible. Longer term I worry that without using disabled toilets etc I will be restricted in where I can take her in the car.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
It’s called love lies, it helps stop conflict..

I hope the increased dose of sertraline helps.. with regards to the washing could you swap the clothes whilst she is asleep?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar