Probate

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone

My brother has informed me that everything is okay and that we could have the grant in ten working days.

MaNaAk

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Hurrah!

he'll no doubt want to get the house on the market soonest- seen anything you could potential buy yet? its a good time to be looking whilst the stamp duty thinggy is still around-

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Of course I had no apology and there's but I will have to sort myself out and expect to be rushed.

MaNaAk

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Glad that is sorted but in the long run, it may well be that it is a good thing for you to get your move done sooner rather than later, so you may get on with your life.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Of course I had no apology and there's but I will have to sort myself out and expect to be rushed.

MaNaAk

You won't get any apology @MaNaAk You have done your bit and your brothers probably won't give you a thought once the house is sold and you have moved out. I hope I am wrong with this but I doubt it as I am going by experience. It's a shame though because things could have been very different.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I may also have to keep posting for advice on how my brothers may behave once probate is I can see that they may want to take over.

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I may also have to keep posting for advice on how my brothers may behave once probate is I can see that they may want to take over.

MaNaAk

Yes you will have to watch them because they will only consider themselves. You already know this but it is true.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i was reading in the paper that the stamp duty stopped until 31/3/21 and they said that from the time of selling to completion takes on average 123 days so with that statistic, you need to sell the house in the next 18 days. a bit of useless information. they cant have their money until the house is sold. are they going to wear one of those A boards and march up and down the high street. we have locked down to dec 2nd. they will not have a rich christmas present. they will get it when its sold why put pressure on MaNaAk if they are not going to benefit. what is it with families that they think they can treat people the way friends would never get away with.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Yes @jennifer1967 and once the March deadline has passed the market may find itself in the doldrums again, especially if people keep losing their jobs and income. Many prospective buyers have been forced out of the market because of covid and it will take a long time to recover even if the vaccine takes off.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
I am very pleased things are moving along, but I do really think you all now need to step up the clearance etc, and get the property on the market as soon as possible.

I don’t know if you have told us where your upto with the clearance and what’s been done and what’s still to be done, I apologise if I have just missed it.

I am a one for lists.....so if you feel it may help you too.... get a pad and list each room and what needs to be sorted, then do a general list.........it’s very satisfying ticking those things off, and it takes some pressure off when I can see it in black and white in front of me.

I know things are restricted somewhat at the moment, but some things can still be done, obviously with social distancing in mind.

Have you had any luck searching for a property.....it’s an important decision to get right, but you haven’t got unlimited time due to your brothers wanting the property settled.

You do have a lot on your plate, as well as brothers to contend with, but you do need a firm plan moving forward, I am sure your not going to get support from your brothers, but friends and us here will be here for you too.

There is light at the end of the tunnel now and you will get there, and have a lovely home of your own to settle into X

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I need to go back over the list that I have made of what stuff I want to keep and I have gone through most of the rooms to get rid of rubbish. I will be sad to leave and I won't have a shoulder to cry from my brothers but I will be settled at some point.

I'm afraid I still feel a bit stressed as it is not really my choice but it is the only thing I can do.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
They say that I should have spoken to them in more depth about moving and they're probably right but it's not so easywhen you've been living here this long and you've been given lectures and no shoulder to cry on. So I've made plans on my own and carried on by myself.

MaNaAk

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou all for your support. My youngest brother told my other brother that I had mentioned February as the month to put the house on the market at the time this was to please but I mentally thought I could aim for this month anyway as they wanted to put the house on the market before the stamp duty holiday ends.

MaNaAK

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I've been told that I only consider myself.
Yet another example of them making everything your fault.

They want everything their own way and if it doesnt go that way then they make it your fault (and its really not - most of the reasons it hasnt gone the way they want is because of their own interference)
You dont have to be their scapegoat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba