Probably not long now.

LittleL

Sep 14, 2006
East sussex
My brother rang me earlier to let me know that the hospital have now taken mum off the drip. They asked him if he wanted them to feed her artificially but he has refused. My mum is saying no when asked if she would like a drink or indeed anything to eat. It is not a loud no but she is making her wishes clear. I am due to visit her soon and I shall cherish these last moments with her as I can't see her lasting for more than 3 days at the most. Her body is frail and her will is weak but she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. I am heartbroken. She is 79 and always said that she wanted to get to at least 90............
LittleL:(

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I think, though, it is the act of loving children to accede to her wishes.

Take care and treasure this time.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear LittleL,

You and your brother are being very brave in doing as your mum wishes. It is natural to wish to keep loved ones alive as long as possible and it must be so hard for you.

I hope that the time you have left with her is filled with love.

Vonny xxx

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
LittleL,
You are following your mother's wishes. Letting nature take its course is hard, as we want to hang on, make things better ..... but better for whom?? As long as your mother is comfortable and pain-free, your last days with her can be filled with love and serenity - the sadness and heartache are unavoidable.
Best wishes!

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Littlel. just feel for you.

You and your brother are very brave, letting your dear mum have the last say in her wishes.

She is so proud of you both, I'm sure. Very difficult times. Stay strong.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear LittleL

The next few days are going to be so hard for you, but you have made the right decision. My mum also refused to eat or drink, and I had the decision to make too. It takes courage, but I believe when someone makes their wishes so clear, all we can do is abide by them.

I hoipe you have some peaceful times with your mum now, and can let her go knowing her suffering is over.

Love,

jenny48

Sep 19, 2008
Dear Littlel

I am sorry to read about your mum, you are both very brave and strong, it will be very hard the next few days, I shall pray for you all.

Jenny

nbfb

Mar 14, 2009
Wales
Hello LittleL,

We seem to be in a similar situation at this moment. I can empathise with your mixed up feelings. I hope that your Mum finds peace and rest and that you and your family have the strength to follow her wishes.

Take care, nbfb

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
sad moments

hi littlel sad to hear about your mum makes me remember the day i sat with my mum thinking of you milly123

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Thinking about you and your mum, Littlel, and sending kind regards and good wishes for you both.

Deborah xx

Snip

Mar 16, 2009
So sad for you to watch...but if your mum is preparing herself for her last journey the best thing you can give her is your love and support....

Sending you very best wishes,

Snip x

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Littlel

Just to let you know i am thinking of your mum,and you and your family,sending you all best wishes,you all take care Marian x

LittleL

Sep 14, 2006
East sussex
Update.

Just an update. I started this thread on the 12th June really believing what I had written. It was not to be however as my dear old mum managed (and I don't know how) to hold on until yesterday!!!
When the time came she went peacefully and quietly in the presence of myself and my older brother. Our hearts are completely broken now and there is a void that can never be filled. My mother was my inspiraion and the single most constant thing in my life. I am me because of her and everything she did fo me and indeed the rest of the family.
LittleL.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
little l can tell from your post what a special lady your mum must have been and i expect she was very proud of her family too, cannot begin to imagine your pain just wanted to send you my love and take care of yourself Pam

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Oh Im so sorry, that must very very hard. I hope you can gain some comfort from spending these last precious moments with your dear mum. Thinking of you xxx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another Angel in Heaven

Dear Littlel,

Sending you sincere condolences on the passing of your Mother.

May you be granted the strength to get you through the coming days.

Best wishes
Christine

Recent Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan