Private Messages

Sox

Mar 12, 2011
Hi - please can someone help me I am not sure how to reply to private messages. I thought I had replied to one but it is not in my "sent" box so I have obvioously done something wrong. I feel very bad because I hadn't even realised that I had a private message - I hadn't looked at the top of the page!! - so sorry Bastan I have only just read your message. Love Sox

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
This gives a description of how the Prvate Message systems works

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_private_messages

One thing that may not be in there, but has been highlighted by members in the past, is that for some reason, the default may not be to keep sent messages. Don't know, why, but apparently true. In that situation you need to go to Edit Options from Your Account, scroll down until you get to the section about Private Messaging, scroll down to the bottom of that and the last option is

"When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.
Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" and you need to tick the box there.

I am moving this thread to the Computer section of the forum.