• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Private messages

kareng

Feb 5, 2004
Bristol
Hi,

I have just a couple of points about Private Messages.

I've noticed that when I receive an email telling me that I have a private message, the URL/link that is generated for me to click on runs on into the rest of the email, like this: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/talkingpoint/discuss/private.phpThanks,Alzheimers

So, when I click on this link I get to an error page. I know that I can simply remove the 'Thanks,Alzheimers' to get to the right page, but many people might not - and therefore might not reach their new private message. You simply need to add some spacing to the text of the automatically generated email to correct this, I think.

Also, in Private Messages, might it be possible to set the view messages received option so that it doesn't automatically say '0' days? (Why would I want to choose the '0' days option anyway?) When I first went to my Private Messages inbox (after receiving an email saying I had a message) and saw no messages there, I just assumed there had been a mistake and I hadn't got a message, until I realised that I had to change the view option. I'm reasonably web-savvy so I think other people might find this confusing too.

Mostly though the board works really well and it's obviously much appreciated by everyone who uses it - thanks and well done everyone involved!

karen

kareng

Feb 5, 2004
Bristol
Ah - you're quite right about the view options thing! Maybe it has changed recently? Anyway it seems fine now!

Thank you!

karen