• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Private messages

kareng

Feb 5, 2004
Bristol
Hi,

I have just a couple of points about Private Messages.

I've noticed that when I receive an email telling me that I have a private message, the URL/link that is generated for me to click on runs on into the rest of the email, like this: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/talkingpoint/discuss/private.phpThanks,Alzheimers

So, when I click on this link I get to an error page. I know that I can simply remove the 'Thanks,Alzheimers' to get to the right page, but many people might not - and therefore might not reach their new private message. You simply need to add some spacing to the text of the automatically generated email to correct this, I think.

Also, in Private Messages, might it be possible to set the view messages received option so that it doesn't automatically say '0' days? (Why would I want to choose the '0' days option anyway?) When I first went to my Private Messages inbox (after receiving an email saying I had a message) and saw no messages there, I just assumed there had been a mistake and I hadn't got a message, until I realised that I had to change the view option. I'm reasonably web-savvy so I think other people might find this confusing too.

Mostly though the board works really well and it's obviously much appreciated by everyone who uses it - thanks and well done everyone involved!

karen

kareng

Feb 5, 2004
Bristol
Ah - you're quite right about the view options thing! Maybe it has changed recently? Anyway it seems fine now!

Thank you!

karen