1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. opaline

opaline Registered User

Nov 13, 2014
    Visited mum in hospital today (awaiting a placement in a care home), part of the conversation was ''people get put into cells for doing bad things but I haven't done anything and I've been put in one'', can't stop crying since I came home . . . help! x

2. Gigglemore

Gigglemore Registered User

Oct 18, 2013
    British Isles
    Wish I could help but I'm sure you will have said everything you could think of to reassure and comfort your poor mum.

Fingers crossed she will get a place in a lovely care home soon. Not much consolation to you right now, but wonder if by the 2nd day of her care home stay she will most likely have forgotten all about being in hospital.

Take care - you're doing the best you can for her.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    It's so sad for both of you. I think everyone on TP will understand how you and your mother are feeling. It's such a shame it happens and very little can be done . It's hard to be strong when you're so upset.

4. liz56

liz56 Registered User

Feb 15, 2015
    North Somerset
    Dad goes to a CH for day care, once a week. He always refers to having been 'in prison all day' !

5. theunknown

theunknown Registered User

Apr 17, 2015
    #5 theunknown, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    I agree with Gigglemore. Hopefully, once your mum gets her care home place, you'll feel much more able to deal with the situation.

6. opaline

opaline Registered User

Nov 13, 2014
    Thanks for replies, feel a bit better this morning, she'll have forgotten the conversation but I won't, x