Prison cell

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Visited mum in hospital today (awaiting a placement in a care home), part of the conversation was ''people get put into cells for doing bad things but I haven't done anything and I've been put in one'', can't stop crying since I came home . . . help! x

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Wish I could help but I'm sure you will have said everything you could think of to reassure and comfort your poor mum.

Fingers crossed she will get a place in a lovely care home soon. Not much consolation to you right now, but wonder if by the 2nd day of her care home stay she will most likely have forgotten all about being in hospital.

Take care - you're doing the best you can for her.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's so sad for both of you. I think everyone on TP will understand how you and your mother are feeling. It's such a shame it happens and very little can be done . It's hard to be strong when you're so upset.

liz56

Feb 15, 2015
North Somerset
Visited mum in hospital today (awaiting a placement in a care home), part of the conversation was ''people get put into cells for doing bad things but I haven't done anything and I've been put in one'', can't stop crying since I came home . . . help! x

Dad goes to a CH for day care, once a week. He always refers to having been 'in prison all day' !

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
I agree with Gigglemore. Hopefully, once your mum gets her care home place, you'll feel much more able to deal with the situation.

Last edited:

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Thanks for replies, feel a bit better this morning, she'll have forgotten the conversation but I won't, x