1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

pretend pretend i thought i was doing right

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by bel, Oct 1, 2007.

1. bel

bel Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    coventry
    over the last year i have tried to think of posative ideas for our future together wrong thing to do now bob wants to sell up and his words enjoy time together while he can spend the money from house --
    he cant deal with anything diffrent he needs routine how is he going to deal with traveling the world
    sorry bel x

2. Cate

Cate Registered User

Jul 2, 2006
    Newport, Gwent
    Hi Bel

Bless him, at least he is thinking positive. Maybe a weekend away, and see how you get on. In my experience, just the planning and looking forward to sometimes can be more fun than the actual doing.

Love

Cate xx

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Bel.
    We spend our life talking and planning about travelling the world. I keep putting it off, maybe next year, when we`re fitter, whan I`m slimmer, anything I can think of.
    Dhiren says if he couldn`t plan holidays he`d have nothing to look forwards too.
    Can you just go along with Bob. You can`t sell the house because you need somewhere to return to, you need to save, etc. etc.
    I hope you can think of something.
    Love xx

4. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Oh bel, feel for you. Even when Lionel could no longer walk, he wanted us to plan voyages 'around the world'

Cate has some very good advice:
    Glad that you feel you can share with us some of what you are going through.
    You know you have my admiration for how you try to cope.

Love,