Prepaid funeral plans

gemini

Sep 8, 2003
Nottingham
Dear Chesca

Trouble is 'Golden Boy???' does not have a conscience. Just an attitude that likes to make all around him feel inferior. It even worked on me for a time. Glad to say not any more.

I'm sure you will no doubt here more from me on this subject.

Love
Gemini

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi all, Connie is right, do what you know the person would have really wanted, because after you have to register the EPA, your hands will be tied. Oh yes, you can pay the state what ever etc, but as for the person's needs privately, eg Christmas, caring as in FAMILY etc. that goes by the wayside. Paying for a prepaid funeral is one of the very few things that you can do once regestered, but even better if done and dusted whilst the loved one concerned can still give input as to wishes etc. I don't regret for an instant doing one for my Mum, she had just what she wanted, solid oak, home the night before, etc. etc. If I had left it till she passed, it would not only have come out of the estate, it would perhaps have had to be done in a less expensive manner if SS had spent it all beforehand. So, do it, that's my advice, because when my Mum went, I KNEW she had what she really wanted, no - one could dictate it. We now intend getting one done for us both before we get too decrepit, as like Norman says, it will be less worry for those left behind. Love She. XX