Power of attorney


Registered User
Sep 19, 2007
As people will know my husband's AD has been early and rapid in its onset. 6 months ago he was pretty OK but by 6 weeks ago he was no longer able to understand his hospital care plan or sign it. I know nothing about the legalities of sorting out the financial side of things and, from my understanding, power of attorney needs to be a choice made by the person and then signed by them. I fear it is too late for this so what do I have to do please?


Registered User
Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Sammy

If you have one, talk to your family solicitor, or a solicitor who knows you and hubby and who would agree that this is what you would both want. It may not be too late, and I hope it isnt, it will make life easier for you in the long term, try and get this sorted asap.

Best wishes.



Registered User
Sep 23, 2007
Dartmoor Devon
Hello Sammy, if you cant get to a solicitor, try and see or telephone the Citizens Advice . They are often very helpful in these situations , good luck
love Kate


Registered User
Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
telephone the Alzhemer's helpline.

The helpline is usually open from 8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday.

The number to dial is 0845 300 0336