power of attorney - problems

M

mickyinlondon

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I have been busy today looking at getting one of those POA, or EPA's.

And I discovered the Public Guardianship Office; I have downloaded their codes of practice; its 16 chapters long; but very interesting; this is Lord Falconer's valuable work for all those with problems like we have.

It also has much more information; like pensions of all kinds.

I have contacted their home office in North London; and they are sending me forms to fill in; and a booklet explaining how to fill in our aplication.

I think this Office; can for-fill all our needs as carers; without all those lawyers charging you an arm and a leg.

In simple terms; they can give you the power to handle your own families financial affairs.........Micky.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Micky

yes, you'll find the Public Guardianship Office in lots of previous posts in Talking Point.

Excellent place and the help line advisors are extremely helpful. Don't be put off by the occasional unhelpful administration person there.

Good luck!

M

mickyinlondon

Brucie said:
Hi Micky

yes, you'll find the Public Guardianship Office in lots of previous posts in Talking Point.

Excellent place and the help line advisors are extremely helpful. Don't be put off by the occasional unhelpful administration person there.

Good luck!

Good Evening Bruce.

Being a butterboy; I have not read the thread about the PGO; I hope they save all the hassle with those POA's and POW's......:) :)

The lady I spoke to was very sweet; and said she would send me the forms right away; I just hope those as well are not 16 chapters long..:) :)

I only want Rita's savings back from Scote; that's all.

If that is enough, I can get on to other things; like washing up...:) :) Micky.