• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

    You can directly access this area >here<.

Power of Attorney for financial affairs


Registered User
May 31, 2015
Hello - I wondered if anyone has any experience of having the above, and converting it to include medical. My Dad is showing some signs of having some memory issues and other mental issues, that may or may not be early signs of dementia, and from what I read on here, it is important to get this arranged before he is formally diagnosed. If anyone can give me advice, I would be grateful.


Registered User
May 21, 2014
It's imporant to get it early but a diagnosis is no hindrance. What matters is that he still has the mental capacity to understand in the moment what it is he's signing. You can fill in the forms online or in hard copy, charities can help you if you get stuck. But it's not as daunting as it looks and in my opinion no solicitor is needed for that part.