Power of attorney advice

quinnslmws

Jun 12, 2016
Hi, can anyone advise what's the best way to go about getting power of attorney when caring for a family member ? We are having a lot of problems with other members of the family who are trying to put her in care behind our backs, which is a bit of a cheek when they hardly have any contact ! Need to get it sorted but don't know where to start, thanks in advance

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
You can fill in the forms online here: https://www.gov.uk/power-of-attorney/overview

You don't need to spend hundreds on a solicitor, do it yourself or ask a charity like Age UK with help filling it in. If this is about where he/she should live it's very important that you fill in the health & welfare one as well as the financial one. They cost £110 each to register. Your family member must still have the capacity to agree and understand in the moment what he/she is signing.

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
hi, can anyone advise what's the best way to go about getting power of attorney when caring for a family member ? We are having a lot of problems with other members of the family who are trying to put her in care behind our backs, which is a bit of a cheek when they hardly have any contact ! Need to get it sorted but don't know where to start, thanks in advance

go on line .brill i did also it is not expensive sorry im dislix.and is very good .is the member of the famly son or dugther.keep an(i) on them. Thay may want to get them in a home to off loud them .you know what i mean .

quinnslmws

Jun 12, 2016
go on line .brill i did also it is not expensive sorry im dislix.and is very good .is the member of the famly son or dugther.keep an(i) on them. Thay may want to get them in a home to off loud them .you know what i mean .

Hi Thanks for your advice, my mother in law lives with us , her other children hardly ever visit or phone yet they are trying to put her in a home behind our backs, I really don't understand why , as it's not like they are sitting with her when she's upset and anxious after the mind games they are playing... Gets me so angry .. How can someone mess with someone's mind when they have Alzheimer's?

camkam

Jul 20, 2015
Hi Thanks for your advice, my mother in law lives with us , her other children hardly ever visit or phone yet they are trying to put her in a home behind our backs, I really don't understand why , as it's not like they are sitting with her when she's upset and anxious after the mind games they are playing... Gets me so angry .. How can someone mess with someone's mind when they have Alzheimer's?

Make sure you read all the notes on the website before you fill in the form, I think if your mother in law gets pension credit or any benefits she may not have to pay for the LPAs.